Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall is in the Air...

... which means time for deliciously warm and comforting food. (I know, I know, that was the lamest intro ever.) I made Butter Chicken in the slow cooker tonight, using this recipe. I love her recipes, and this one was delicious. A couple of days ago I made chili and cornbread muffins. I adore these muffins with a passion that is probably somewhat unhealthy, so I thought I would post the recipe. The creamed corn replaces the oil that is usually in cornbread recipes, so they are much lower in fat.

And totally awesome.

stuffnthings 007

stuffnthings 008

Cornbread Muffins:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 can (14 0z) creamed corn
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk (I usually use plain yogurt or sour milk)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375. Grease and 12 cup muffin tin. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from muffin tin and let cool on a wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yum!
    I'm going to make these.
    My family has come to expect homemade buttermilk pancakes from me and I end up with buttermilk left over every time, that I throw away.
    I could use it for these! (and lower fat, you say? Even better!)
    Now I'll need to make chili in the slow-cooker to go along with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making this tonite! It looks delicious; thank you.

    ReplyDelete