Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dishcloths!

dishcloths!

I finished three dishcloths, all from the kitchen cotton I dyed last year. I had tied the yellow yarn too tightly when I dyed it and it still had little undyed bits here and there. I am feeling particularly lazy these days and I didn't feel like dyeing it all over again, but luckily I discovered the magic of a yellow permanent marker and after a little colouring time you can't even tell. With these small successes under my belt I decided to tackle some of my unfinished projects. First in line is this sock:

poor little injured sock

You may remember earlier this year when the poor sock had a run in with an evil clothes dryer and wound up with three (three!) holes in it. (Three!) I finally could look at the poor thing without wanting to curse (a lot) so I took out the scissors and hacked away at the toe until I could start unraveling it. Then I carefully picked up the live stitches and got them back onto the needles. The only bright side of this whole situation is that the yarn comes in pretty big skeins, so I actually have enough left in my stash to knit the foot all over again. Lucky me.

(Three!)

ETA: The dishcloth pattern is in Mason Dixon Knitting, and can also be found at the Canadian Living website.

2 comments:

  1. I need the pattern for these. NEED. Am on dishcloth kick due to short supply of time. NEED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here ya go:

    http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/knitting/knit_a_ballband_dishcloth.php

    ReplyDelete